[email protected] | 07730 586600
©Jonathan Hannam 2018
Please note all INSET packages are adapted to reflect the exact needs of the individual school that has commissioned them.
This course introduces each of the nine skills, attitudes and attributes that make up the Nine Learning Dimensions:
• Resilience • Teamwork • Independence • Planning Learning • Reflection • Creativity • Motivation • Making Links • Curiosity
It provides delegates with a clear understanding of the relevance and rationale behind each dimension and lots of practical ideas on how to introduce them and develop them with a class of children and with a whole school. The dimensions are clear and accessible to children across the primary age range.
This course provides an essential review of the latest research on learning and is ideal for a school that wants to establish a strong learning culture. It covers the principles of good learning, how to make your classroom more learner centred, the keys to motivate learners and an introduction to the Nine Elements of Learning to provide a common language of learning. Click here for a sample programme
This course addresses four main questions:
1. What is a Community of Philosophical Enquiry?
2. What makes questioning philosophical and how can such questioning improve teaching and learning?
3. How to facilitate enquiry and dialogue
4. How to develop a Community of Enquiry/Thinking Classroom, including evaluating progress
It involves a mix of theory and practical sessions, including 3 full enquiries over the two days. Lots of practical resources and ideas are shared to get P4C fully embedded within a classroom and across a whole school. Please see the P4C page for more background information on P4C.
Please contact us to either book or get more information on these INSET packages.
This course will provide you with:
1. A clear understanding of why the school vision is important
2. A clear understanding of the difference between leadership and management and how both are needed to implement the school’s vision
3. An increasing awareness of different leaderships styles and selecting the best one
4. An awareness and ability to articulate your personal values and how they influence others and define you as a leader
5. An increased awareness of self and strategies to increase rapport with others and reduce resistance. Increased personal effectiveness as a member of the different teams as a result of behavioural flexibility
A modular course in person or on line - an approach to teaching and learning based on philosophical inquiry. It shows teachers how to teach through dialogue, facilitate student-led inquiries and get to know the students better. P4C Plus is fun: students and teachers love it! This is an alternativew to the SAPERE Level 1 training, which I can also offer. The course can be offered as seven 2-hour zoom sessions or as a 2 full INSET days or 1 INSET day and Zoom twiiglights. P4C Plus shows students how to think independently, reason effectively, communicate persuasively and explore their values. The students have a safe space to discuss views on a wide range of topics.
Our thinking ability is what makes us distinctively human. Yet we have no generally accepted approach to teaching thinking – and no common vocabulary to describe different ways of thinking. This, when you think about it, is extraordinary. Imagine trying to teach or learn maths if we did not have commonly accepted terms such as add, subtract, multiply and divide. Thinking Moves A – Z provides a vocabulary for thinking and uses the latest research into the power of metacognition to provide a school wide toolkit and language to develop students into skilful thinkers and apply it across the curriculum in a wide variety of lessons. This course can complement P4C training if a school has undertaken it or be taken as a stand alone training day. This course can be split into three 2 hour Zoom sessions or a conventional face-to-face INSET day.